Our Commitment to a Better Future
At SmartEtailing, we accept that systemic barriers to equality exist in the cycling and outdoor industry. While we are a small company, we have an obligation to use our vantage at the intersection between suppliers, retailers, and consumers to help support underrepresented individuals and communities.
We want to ensure our workplace is supportive and welcoming to all staff. We are committed to embracing a diverse perspective and growing as a company. Leadership actively works to create a safe space and help all employees succeed as professionals.
We are committed to continually fostering a culture of improvement and engaging in purposeful conversations. We will challenge ourselves and model the behaviors we aspire to see across the cycling and outdoor industry as a whole.
Diversify Our Workforce
- SmartEtailing has been intentionally focused on reducing barriers to diversity in our hiring process since 2020
- We are committed to upholding an equitable workplace, while intentionally mentoring and promoting our BIPOC and LGBTQ+ employees
- All staff are required to complete unconscious bias training
- SmartEtailing is committed to funding ongoing learning and development for all staff.
- Regular DEI roundtable discussions to encourage awareness and dialogue
- We are committed to fostering a hybrid workplace in order to improve access to outdoor industry careers
- Review and adjust compensation for the purpose of ensuring pay equity on an ongoing basis
Serve Our Communities
- Paid volunteer hours available to employees to serve causes and organizations of their choosing
- Since 2017, SmartEtailing employees commit work hours to cleaning up bike parks and trail heads
- We have shared values and promise to make a positive social impact in the communities where we live, work, and play