Maintain your website to match retail restrictions in your area.
Update store hours
- Use this reference to discover where your store hours display and how to update them
- Remember to update your hours on Google My Business, Apple Maps, and Facebook
Google has updated guidelines for marking a location as "temporarily closed".
- Store closed. Online store open. (homepage content)
- Store closed. No online orders. (homepage content)
- In-store shopping update. Online store open. (homepage content)
- Modify your homepage without a template
Visit E-Commerce Order Fulfillment Alternatives for site configuration options.
Informational email templates
To help streamline your communications plan we have prepared a number of email samples to help you communicate key changes about how your business can serve customers.
Email templates have been moved to this expanded menu.
Schedule personal shopping appointments
In some communities, you may be able to support physical retail if you limit the number of people in your store. Use existing features to support this need.
- Use a form page to setup functional personal shopping appointments
- Merchandise and market personal shopping (homepage, email, social)
- Create individual personalized shopping pages for customers
Need help? Contact us at email@example.com or (303) 572-0676 ext 1
Disable online selling if required
If an unlikely situation outside your control requires you to stop taking online orders (ex: local restrictions, shipping company restrictions, staffing concerns) then follow this process to temporarily disable your website e-commerce functionality.
- Navigate to Commerce > Catalog Settings.
- Click the second radio button "Display products with prices, but without shopping cart."
- Scroll down and Save Changes.
- Navigate to Content > Home Page.
- Add this content to your home page to notify customers that you will not be able to fulfill orders.
- Notify customers via email.
- Use this sample email as a framework for emailing your customers.