Integrate Ascend with your website for inventory uploads and order exports.
Ascend now uploads a file to SmartEtailing every 2 hours from 8am to 6pm Pacific Time, in addition to your nightly upload. This upload only updates inventory information for items that are already mapped.
- From the main screen, click Options in the top navigation bar.
- Select "eCommerce Export"
- Enter posftp.smartetailing.com in the address bar, and fill in the User and Password from the POS FTP email.
- Select the appropriate status for your location.
- None: Select this option if this location does not upload to an eCommerce website. Data from this location is not included in any manual OR automatic uploads.
- Single-Site: Select this option if this location is part of multi-store chain, but uploads to its own, individual eCommerce website.
Multi-Site: Select this option if this location is part of multi-store chain and all stores in the chain upload data to a single eCommerce website.
- Click Apply to save changes.
- Repeat for every location if you selected the multi-site option.
- From the Options window select "eCommerce Import"
- Check the box Turn On eCommerce Sales Import
- Make sure API Version 2.0 is active in Orders > Export Settings
- Copy the first two and last URLs from Export Settings and paste them sequentially into each URL box
- Click Apply to save changes
- Note: To keep the Ascend integration functioning smoothly we recommend generating new URLs in Site Manager and updating in Ascend semi-annually.
Exported orders appear as Layaways. You will have to convert them to sales.
MPNs and UPCs
- When adding items in Ascend, add the UPC/GTIN to the UPC field in Ascend
- If a UPC is not available, add the MPN to Manufacturer's Part Number in Ascend
Putting Items on Sale
- To get sale pricing to show up on your website, you must create a Sales Promotion in Ascend. Here's how to manage sales promotions.
Double Selling Products
- Process all online orders as soon as possible (within 15-30 minutes of receiving them) to ensure that when your next upload occurs, you don't reset inventory levels for sold items.
Read More on These Integrations from Ascend