Authorize.net is a 3rd party payment gateway that can be used as an alternative to SmartEtailing Payments, and/or in addition to PayPal.
When an order is placed on a site with Authorize.net activated, credit card transactions are automatically pre-authorized or declined, and payments must be manually captured.
How to Get Started
Authorize.net integration is available at no additional charge on your SmartEtailing website.
- However, fees are charged by Authorize.net and your Internet Merchant Account Provider.
- To get started, you need to apply for an Authorize.net account and/or Internet Merchant Account together.
- It is possible that you may be able to establish an Internet Merchant Account through your existing in-store merchant account provider.
How to Set Up Authorize.Net in Your Site Manager
- After your Authorize.net account is activated, go to Commerce > Payment Methods > Authorize.net.
- Copy and paste the API Login ID and Transaction Key found in your Authorize.net account.
- Please ensure your Authorize.Net Gateway account is NOT in test mode (this setting is found in your Authorize.net account).
How it Works
- A customer places an order on your website.
- Authorize.net receives the transaction, securely encrypts it, and submits an authorization request to the customer's Credit Card Issuer.
- The authorization (or decline) response is returned via Authorize.net to your website.
- The pre-authorized transaction must be manually captured (from within the order) to complete the transaction.
- Authorize.net sends the settlement request to your Merchant Account Provider.
- The Merchant Account Provider deposits funds into your account.