Customize your catalog with unique products
Create The Item
- In the Site Manager, go to Catalog > Your Items.
- Click on the "Add Item" button.
- Fill out a few key fields on the Add New Item form and click Continue, an item must have a Brand, Model Name and Category, Model # and Model Year are optional.
- Note: If a particular brand is not available in the pull-down menu, add that brand in Suppliers/Brands > Brands. Likewise, if you don't see the category you want in the category selector, add it in SE Catalog > Catalog Structure.
- Search SE Catalog > Library Items before you start creating a new item to see if the item you want to create already exists.
- Make a copy of a similar item and modify important details.
- Plan ahead by gathering product information before you start.
Fill In Item Details In Each Tab
- General Tab - A good item description is usually 50 - 100 words long.
- Explain benefits over features and repeat the brand and model name to help with keyword searches.
- Variations Tab - Does the item come in variations?
- No - Move on to Prices / Stock
- Yes - SKU Matrix Variations (i.e. colors, sizes) -OR- Non SKU Variations (i.e. kits, packages)
- Add Variation Types (i.e. Size).
- Add Variation Values (i.e. Small, Medium, Large)
- Prices/Stock Tab - Set retail prices for your item and fill in MPNs and GTIN/UPCs if available.
- Fulfillment/Shipping - Add fulfillment and shipping-related details such as weight and dimensions in pounds and inches. Other fulfillment-related settings can be controlled in Suppliers/Brands > Brands.
- Images - Ideally, your original image should be 2000 pixels wide or tall for the best zoom, however, images only 700px wide or tall can be used too. Original images will auto-generate the smaller main, thumbnail, and microimages.
- Note: If your item comes in multiple colors, upload images under the "SKU Images" section. If your item comes in just one color but you want to show multiple views (e.g. front and back), upload them under the "Model Images" section.
Features & Related ItemsThese functions add more detail and depth to your listings.
- Features - Highlight product details outside of the main description, a place to display sizing charts or other related information.
- Related Items - Link to other items or categories customers may want to consider while viewing the current item.
Preview & Publish
- Once you're done saving your changes, use the preview link at the top of the page to see how it will display on the site.
- When ready, check the "Display item in catalog" checkbox and Save Changes.