Point your website's domain name to your SmartEtailing site. Let us take care of it or scroll down for DIY info.
Let Us Take Care of It - Delegate Access
Log in at GoDaddy and click the Account Settings tab.
- Click the Delegate Access link.
- Click the + Invite to Access button.
- Enter the Name DNS Manager and Email address firstname.lastname@example.org as shown below.
- Select Products & Domains as shown.
- Click Invite.
- You're done!
Do It Yourself DNS
Please log in at your registrar, GoDaddy, and change the records as follows for your primary domain:
- A record @ points to 220.127.116.11
- CNAME record www points to frontend-lb.smartetailing.net
Additional Steps- Primary/Main Domain Name:
- On the Home screen, find your domain and click the DNS button.
- Locate the A record for @ and click the edit pencil icon.
- Change the IP address to 18.104.22.168
- Recommended: Edit the TTL value to read 600. This will shorten the time required for the changes to propagate on the Internet.
- Edit the CNAME record for www to point to frontend-lb.smartetailing.net
- DNS changes can take time to propagate across the Internet. It can be monitored here:
Check A Record Propagation | Check CNAME Record Propagation
- If the site stops displaying or the following screen appears, please contact SmartEtailing Support for further assistance.
Additional Steps- Secondary/Other Domain Names:
When you have more than one domain name for your website you want to have all names forward to your primary domain.
- Go to Domains> Click on DNS for the secondary domain(s) you want to forward.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the DNS Management page to find Forwarding. Click Add.
- In the Forward To drop-down, select https:// and add your primary domain name (no need for the www.).
- Leave the defaults for Forward Type and Settings as shown.
- Don’t be concerned with the “We will update name servers message”, you are already on GoDaddy Name Servers.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for each secondary domain.
- It can take up to 72 for the changes to propagate.
- If the secondary does not forward as expected within 72 hours, please contact us.