Learn to properly install an email opt-in form to grow your customer base.
Reach a bigger audience by utilizing email marketing. Installing an email opt-in form on your homepage helps you easily collect addresses for marketing and advertising purposes. This keeps your customers apprised of your incoming products and upcoming sales.
In this article, we cover two of the most popular email services, and how to properly install their opt-in forms on your site.
Create the form on MailChimp by following their instructions.
It is recommended to do a Slide or Fixed pop-up, not a Modal.
Generate the code and copy it.
Open your SmartEtailing home page editor by going to Content > Home Page.
Add an HTML block to your home page.
Placement of the block doesn't matter, it will not impact where the form displays on your site.
Click Create and add a title for the block, such as "Email Signup."
Click into the HTML/Text Input tab and paste your generated code.
Apply changes, then Save Changes on the page.
It is recommended you also create an inline form for your Footer.
- Create the form on Constant Contact by following their instructions.
- It is recommended that you create an Inline form, not a Pop-Up.
- Make your form as simple as possible, requesting only necessary information, such as name and email address.
- Activate the form and generate your universal code as well as the form specific code.
- Copy your universal code and go to Settings > Marketing > Custom Tags.
- Click into Advanced Settings.
- Paste the code into the box labeled "Place Script Just Inside Closing Body Tag."
- Save Changes.
- Copy the Inline Code and go to Content > Home Page.
- Drag an HTML block on to your page wherever you would like the form to be.
- Click Create and give the block a name like Email Signup.
- Click to the HTML/Text Input tab and paste your Inline Code.
- Apply Changes, then Save Changes on the page.
It is recommended you also add the Inline Code to your Footer as well.