Measure sales conversions and provide accurate visitor counts with a door counter.
- In addition to measuring sales conversions, Traffic provides accurate visitor counts that can help inform when to schedule floor staff and includes climate data to give an idea of how the weather may have impacted foot traffic.
- The traffic hardware uses thermal sensors and measures each visitor on exit, not entry, since that event is closer to the transaction happening at the register.
- The power of the traffic counter and software comes from looking at the trend change in numbers over time, more than the numbers themselves since there will always be variables that can't be controlled, like test rides and employees.
- These changes can reveal trends in traffic that are valuable when measuring the success of an ad campaign, for example, and the changes in conversion rate over time can reveal if a higher or lower percentage of visitors are buying.
Install the Hardware
The traffic hardware is comprised of two units: a wireless sensor mounted above each customer entrance, and a powered base station that communicates your traffic statistics via a secure cellular network.
- Find the base station and plug it into an outlet near the doorways that will be tracking foot traffic.
- Peel and stick the mounting plate to the center of the doorway and place the sensor onto the mounting plate.
Once your hardware is installed, visit https://app.getdor.com/activate and follow the instructions to complete the activation.