Link your Lightspeed Retail point of sale system to your SmartEtailing website for inventory uploads and order exports.
This integration will update inventory and prices as frequently as every 30 minutes during the day, plus an integration to send online orders to Lightspeed.
- In your website Site Manager, navigate to Settings > POS Sync > Lightspeed Settings.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your Lightspeed Retail credentials.
A Lightspeed user needs to have the Admin role to complete setup. (This is different than Owner or Manager role.)
- If a non-admin user has attempted the connection, the connection will not work when attempted by a user with Admin role unless browser cookies and cache have been cleared and access has been revoked in Lightspeed.
- You may have to use an Incognito window (Chrome) or Private Browser (Firefox and Safari) to connect.
- Reach out to our Success Team if you need assistance
Warning: Once you begin setup, you must complete the configuration process for your integration to function.
- At least one Lightspeed store must be connected to a SmartEtailing location.
- Map all stores and locations you wish to connect.
- If you do not select a Lightspeed store from the dropdown that store's inventory will not appear on your website.
If you are setting up a Buy Local Now Free Inventory sharing account, stop here.
These settings control which mapped Lightspeed items will be displayed on your SmartEtailing website.
- Most common selections:
- Balance On Hand is greater than 0 - on (ensures in-stock items display).
- Balance On Order is greater than 0 - off.
- Reorder Point or Maximum Stock Level is greater than 0 - off.
Use POS Pricing
POS pricing is an optional feature that imports and applies item prices from your Lightspeed Retail Point of Sale system into your SmartEtailing website.
- If enabled, you must select a 'Regular Price Level' from Lightspeed Retail.
- Select the same Pricing Level you use for in-store prices.
- You may select a 'Sale Price Level' from Lightspeed Retail to include a sale price to be used on your website.
- Learn how to add a new Price Level in Lightspeed
- When prices are set in your Sale Price Level on an item in Lightspeed the product variation will appear on sale in SmartEtailing.
- A Sale Start Date of today will be added when a new price is detected in the Sale Price Level. This Sale Start Date will update to the current date each time the POS Sync process occurs, as long as a Sale Price Level is selected in Lightspeed, and there is not a future Sale Start Date entered in Site Manager.
- If you are planning ahead and would like the sale to start in the future, you can set the Sale Start Date to a future date in Site Manager. If there is a future date set in Site Manager, the POS Sync process will not update the Sale Start Date to the current date.
- You can remove a sale price on your website by removing the sale price from the sale price level in Lightspeed selected in Lightspeed Settings, OR by setting a Sale End Date in Site Manager.
- Update Sale Start and End Dates in Site Manager: Go to Catalog > Your Items and select the parameters (Brand and or category) and click Display.
- Be sure to check the Ignore M.A.P. box to allow pricing below MAP to appear on your website.
Note: Previous SmartEtailing/Lightspeed integrations made use of Lightspeed Pricing Rules. Due to constraints with Lightspeed’s API, this feature is no longer available. The new integration uses Lightspeed’s Pricing Levels.
Use Order Exporting
Enable 'Use order exporting' to send balanced (paid in full) orders from your SmartEtailing website to your Lightspeed Retail POS system.
- Select the Employee and Register to use for exported orders:
- You must select a Lightspeed Employee since it comes in as a closed sale.
- You must select a Lightspeed Register.
- Depending on your in-store workflow, you may wish to create a separate Lightspeed Employee and Register to use with website orders (these settings can be updated at any time).
- What status should be applied to exported orders? (Optional)
- Updates the status of an order on your website after it has been exported to Lightspeed Retail.
- We recommend setting it to ‘No Change” at first to understand the process and what it may affect.
Orders will be exported to Lightspeed as "completed sales," Orders can only be exported from your website to Lightspeed Retail once.
- If payment is captured, export the order when all items are fulfilled. (Optional)
- Exports a balanced (paid in full) order after all items on the order have been marked as fulfilled by Supplier Fulfillment OR by using the Record Store Fulfillment function.
Orders must be "balanced" before they can be exported to Lightspeed Retail.
Each order's balance due must be "Paid in Full" prior to export. "Unbalanced" orders will have a message indicating their status in both the Order List and the Order Details.
- Please see the Lightspeed Order Export document for more in-depth information on Order Export
Pending Mappings Email
If you would like to be notified via email when there are Pending Mappings, toggle on "Email me if items are added to Pending Mapping" toward the bottom of the screen.
If you would like to disconnect Lightspeed, click the words "Disconnect Account" at the top of the screen.
If you have connected to the new API and no items are mapping/appearing
- Confirm that the connected user's login has Admin role in Lightspeed. Revoke access within Lightspeed and reconnect using an admin login.
- Check back the next day as some files take a long time to process the first time.
If you want items to sync you need to have the following:
- Default OR MSRP (whichever you have selected in Settings)
- UPC or EAN
- Manufacturer's Part Number ( Manufact. SKU)
MPNs and UPCs
- When creating items, add a UPC/GTIN to the UPC field in Lightspeed
- If a UPC isn't available, add the MPN to the Manufact. SKU field in Lightspeed
- UPC in Lightspeed - GTIN1 on SmartEtailing
EAN in Lightspeed - GTIN2 on SmartEtailing
Man. SKU in Lightspeed - MPN on SmartEtailing