Link your Lightspeed Retail point of sale system to your SmartEtailing website for inventory uploads and order exports.
- In your website Site Manager, go to Settings > Lightspeed Settings
- Click Connect
- Enter your Lightspeed Retail credentials
- A Lightspeed user needs to have certain permissions to complete setup; It is required that an admin or manager's credentials are used for this connection.
Warning: Once you begin setup, you must complete the configuration process for your integration to function. After your Lightspeed Credentials are connected, any previous Lightspeed Retail POS connection will be inoperable.
- At least one Lightspeed store must be connected to a SmartEtailing location
- The best practice is to map all stores and locations you wish to connect
- These settings control which mapped Lightspeed items will be displayed on your SmartEtailing website
- Most common selections:
- Balance On Hand is greater than 0 - on (ensures in-stock items display)
- Balance On Order is greater than 0 - off
- Reorder Point or Maximum Stock Level is greater than 0 - off
Use POS Pricing
- POS pricing is an optional feature that imports and applies item prices from your Lightspeed Retail Point of Sale system into your SmartEtailing website. If Use POS pricing is not enabled, all pricing will come from SmartEtailing.
- You must select a 'Regular Price Level' from Lightspeed Retail
- You may optionally select a 'Sale Price Level' from Lightspeed Retail to include a sale price to be used on your website
- Learn how to add a new Price Level in Lightspeed
Once prices are set in the Sale level on an item, be sure to select that level in POS Sync > Settings > Pricing Levels.
A sale start date must be set in your SmartEtailing site managerto trigger the sale price to display.
- Go to Catalog > Your Items and select the parameters (Brand and or category) and click Display
- In the Sale Start Date column enter the date that the sale should begin in the very top box. Use the Copy icon to the right of the date entered to fill in the sale start date for all items on the page.
- If your sale should have an end date, enter that as well, and copy to all items on the page.
- Save Changes at the bottom of the screen
- Page forward to add the start date to other products if there is more than one page.
Note: Previous Smartetailing/Lightspeed integrations made use of Lightspeed Pricing Rules. Due to constraints with Lightspeed’s API, this feature is no longer available. The new integration uses Lightspeed’s Pricing Levels.
Use Order Exporting
Orders will be exported to Lightspeed as "completed sales," Orders can only be exported from your website to Lightspeed Retail once.
- Enable 'Use order exporting' to send balanced (paid in full) orders from your SmartEtailing website to your Lightspeed Retail POS system
- Select the Employee and Register to use for exported orders:
- You must select a Lightspeed Employee since it comes in as a closed sale.
- You must select a Lightspeed Register
- Depending on your in-store workflow, you may wish to create a separate Lightspeed Employee and Register to use with website orders (these settings can be updated at any time)
- What status should be applied to exported orders? (Optional)
- Updates the status of an order on your website after it has been exported to Lightspeed Retail
- We recommend setting it to ‘No Change” at first to understand the process and what it may affect.
- If payment is captured, export the order when all items are fulfilled (Optional)
- Exports a balanced (paid in full) order after all items on the order have been marked as fulfilled by Supplier Fulfillment OR by using the Record Store Fulfillment function
Orders must be "balanced" before they can be exported to Lightspeed Retail.
Each order's balance due must be "Paid in Full" prior to export. "Unbalanced" orders will have a message indicating their status in both the Order List and in the Order Details.
Order Export Notes:
An exported order will decrement inventory.
Export orders by checking the export box within the order, or on the order list view. You can also use the “if payment is captured, export when fulfilled” button in Settings to automatically export it.
Statuses for the order in Site Manager can be changed after export. This will not affect your Lightspeed transaction.
- Add or Edit statuses in Orders > Status Types
- Because exported orders are listed as Completed in Lightspeed, consider adding statuses in Orders online to help track orders that need a ‘special order’, or have location specific pickup details, for example.
If a refund is needed and the order has previously been exported, process the refund in BOTH the website and Lightspeed.
- In Site Manager for your website to remove the payment
- In Lightspeed to return the item to inventory and balance the books
Exported orders from website appear in Lightspeed within a few minutes.
- Reopen the sale from Reports > Totals > Open the Sale to update the store location, or register, attach a different customer, add notes, or update the sale data.
- To add a serial number to a sold bike add it to the Customer record in Lightspeed.
All orders must have all payments 100% captured before they can be exported
- Balance Due MUST be zero to export.
- The Payment method comes in with the order.
- If the payment was via Stripe, that will be passed into Lightspeed and attach to your existing Stripe payment method in Lightspeed
- If you have a Stripe account with another provider, you will want to update it to separate it from the website order (Stripe-Ikeono, e.g.)
- This is true for any payment method you may have in Lightspeed that could be duplicated with an online payment type.
- If the payment method for the order doesn't exist in Lightspeed a new payment type will be created.
If an item is added to an order or a product is exchanged that could create a balance due in the online order. To export the order, use Capture Offline Payment to record the additional amount due
- This amount will come into the Lightspeed sale as a second payment method within the order “Manual”
- This amount will need to be paid outside of the online order.
If you want items to sync you need to have the following:
- Default Cost OR MSRP (whichever you have selected in Settngs)
- UPC or EAN
- Manufacturer's Part Number ( Manufact. SKU)
MPNs and UPCs
- When creating items, add a UPC/GTIN to the UPC field in Lightspeed
- If a UPC isn't available, add the MPN to the Manufact. SKU field in Lightspeed
- UPC in Lightspeed - GTIN1 on SmartEtailing
EAN in Lightspeed - GTIN2 on SmartEtailing
Man. SKU in Lightspeed - MPN on SmartEtailing