Control notifications surrounding the order process from this page
Add an email address or alias to this section to control the "from" address that consumers see when they place an order and get the email confirmation.
- This address must be able to receive replies in case the consumer has questions.
- You cannot use AOL, Yahoo, or Verizon addresses in this field.
- We recommend hosted addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add introductory text to your order confirmation, it helps to establish your relationship with the customer.
- Highlight shipping or return policies and different ways to get in contact with the store if something isn't right with their order.
Order notifications will be sent to internal email addresses you designate, this signals you to get the order processed.
- You can add up to 15 different email addresses where order notifications will be sent.
- These email address, unlike the Order Confirmation, do not have to include your domain name.
- Add at least one email for an employee responsible for online orders.
- It's best to have redundancy here in case the primary people are not at the store when orders come in.
- Train every employee on the online order process if they are being added to the notification list.
Not receiving Order Notices
- Don't use AOL, Yahoo, or Verizon addresses in the Order Confirmation field.
- If using an email alias, make sure that each person receiving the email maintains their email inbox. If order confirmations bounce from an email address within an alias more than once, our system blocks the alias, so you will not be notified when orders are placed on your site until we reset the notifications.