Connect your SmartEtailing site to the PayPal Commerce Platform to accept another form of payment seamlessly online.
Your online customers know and trust PayPal as a form of payment method. It's an easy way to encourage people to convert when they're on your site.
- Go to Commerce > Payment Methods
- Click Complete Account Setup
- You will be re-directed to PayPal in a pop-up window
- Log in using your PayPal business account.
- If you don't have a business account, you can convert an existing personal account, or create a new one.
- Once you've gone through all the steps in the pop-up, the Payment Methods screen will refresh and will show your account is enabled, and email confirmed.
- Toggle the switch to On, as shown above, and save changes at the bottom of the screen.
How much does it cost?
- 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
- No setup, monthly, or batch fees.
- There are no additional fees based on what card the customer uses.
How often do I get paid out?
- The money is nearly instantly in your PayPal Business account.
- You can transfer that money to your regular bank account as frequently as you'd like.
What cards does PayPal accept?
- All major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
To increase security on your site, there are a few additional options you can use to ensure more legitimate business traffic is coming through the PayPal payment gateway.
- In PayPal, you can disable the PayPal Account Optional setting under Profile > Selling Preferences > Website Payment Preferences > PayPal Account Optional > No.
- This requires the customer to have a verified PayPal account
- You also have the option to require a verified address