Determine your store's goals and stretch goals for sales and margin.
Set the Goal Basis
- Navigate to Sales -> Settings -> Goals and Scoring
- Click the Goals Misc. tab, and decide your goal basis. Both sales and margin goals will be based on this setting.
- 3 Year Average: Percentage change against the weighted 3 year average
- Last Year: Percentage change against over the previous year.
- Absolute Dollar Amount: Set a specific dollar amount as a goal.
- Configure per location: Select a different goal basis for each location, and choose to base the goal off of another location's historical sales data.
- When done, click Save.
If choosing the 3 Year Average goal basis:
- Use these fields to enter a percentage for each of the previous 3 years to modify how they are calculated into the weighted average.
- Click Save.
Enter Your Goals
- Click the appropriate tabs to access Sales Goals or Margin Goals.
- Add percentage or dollar goals for each location for each month in the relevant fields, or import goals in bulk from a spreadsheet using the Export/Import Sales Goals page. The sum of these percentages should be 100%.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Sales -> Settings -> Refresh Data -> Refresh Sales, select a location, check "All Dates", and click the Refresh.
Setting Goals for New Year
Many features in Retail Toolkit, like scheduling employees after December 31, rely on the existence of sales goals for the new year. Below are instructions for duplicating an existing year's goals.
- Navigate to Sales -> Settings -> Goals and Scoring -> Sales Goals
- In the year drop-down at the top-right of the page, select the last option "Copy _____", where the blank is filled with the most recent available year.
- In the pop-up, insert the year for which you'd like to create your store's goals, and click "OK".
At this point, you will be able to complete goal-dependent tasks for the next year, for example, creating staff schedules past December 31, but be sure to add your actual goals to the new year before the end of December.
To do so, click the drop-down again on the Sales Goals settings page and select the new year, then insert or upload your new sales goals and click "Save".