Follow these steps and allow customers to purchase items through your website.
Step 1: Activate a Payment Method
- Navigate to Commerce > Payment Methods.
- Setup SmartEtailing Payments, PayPal, or Authorize.net.
- After connecting to any of these gateways, make sure to turn them on using the slider.
- Save Changes on the page for them to fully activate.
Step 2: Configure Sales Tax
- Navigate to Commerce > Sales Tax.
- Add sales tax (if applicable) to your state.
- Navigate to Display > Store Information.
- Click the green pencil next to your store(s).
- Fill in the Sales Tax Override field if your local taxes are different than state taxes.
Step 3: Set up your Shipping Methods
- Navigate to Commerce > Shipping Methods
- Make sure your shipping methods reflect your preferences.
- Ensure you at least have In-Store Pickup or Home Delivery active.
- If you are comfortable shipping, make sure your rates cover your potential shipping costs.
Step 4: Set your Order Notices
- Navigate to Orders > Order Notices
- Fill in the email address at the top that consumers will see when they place an order.
- Add employee email addresses to Order Notifications that will handle online orders.
Step 5: Turn on the Cart
- Navigate to Commerce > Catalog Settings.
- Change the radio button at the top to read "Display products with prices and with shopping cart."
- Save changes and reset the cache.