Create a usable site map for search engines to read and understand.
SmartEtailing's Sitemap utility makes it easy to let search engines know about all pages that are available on your site.
- View your site map by adding /sitemap.xml to your website name. e.g. bikeshop.com/sitemap.xml
- You can view your site map settings or import a custom one under Marketing > Sitemap
- A sitemap is an XML formatted file that lists all of the pages on your website.
- Search engines like Google use the information found in your sitemap file to supplement what they normally find during regular indexing.
- The list of pages in your your XML Sitemap comes from the list of pages in your Home Page Navigator and all of the items currently active in your catalog.
- Pages that do NOT exist in your default navigation or in your catalog will not be included in your sitemap.
- To learn more about search engine sitemaps, visit www.sitemaps.org.
Submit your Sitemap to Search Engines
If you use Google Search Console and want to submit a sitemap you use this format: yourwebsitename.com/sitemap.xml
- View your site map by entering that in the URL bar of your browser.