Traffic sensors can be implemented to give you actual traffic data for each location.
Note: Traffic sensors are an optional add-on to the Performance Package and are infrared sensors that are put on each customer entrance to count the amount of visitors exiting the shop. Please contact our Client Success team if you do not have sensors and would like them or if you have additional questions.
- In Retail Toolkit, go to: Sales > Traffic > Dashboard.
- In the toolbar in the top right corner there is a day and location selector. Today will be the default day, click on the day to change to a previous days information. Click the location to change to a different location or select "Whole Company" to view the combined data from all locations.
- By default the information shown on this screen will be the Rolling 30 Day data.
- Click "Rolling 30 Day" at the top of the screen to select a different time period. Similarly, click the location drop-down to choose the location(s) data that is displayed.
- The bars on the graphs displayed can be hovered over to see the actual traffic data points.
- Toggle selections in the top right of each graph allows you to adjust the view of the graph as well as adding in historical traffic information.
- In Retail Toolkit, go to: Sales > Traffic > Heat Map.
- Date range for the data displayed is in the top left corner.
- Click "Select Dates" button in the top right corner to select different day ranges. Similarly, click the location drop-down to choose the location(s) data that is displayed.
- Hover over each block in the graph to view the actual traffic data points.
- The darker the block color is the more traffic there was at that day and time. The lighter the block color is the less traffic there was. The busy and slow periods can easily be spotted with a quick glance at the graph.
- In Retail Toolkit, go to: Sales > Traffic > Legacy Charts.
- Assortment of different charts that utilize and display the traffic data in various ways.
- For information on installing sensors, see the help center article: Installing Traffic Hardware.
- For information on troubleshooting sensors, see the help center article: Troubleshoot Traffic Hardware.
- To ensure the traffic reporting is as accurate as possible, see the help center article: Set Store Hours in Retail Toolkit.