You don't want customers to show up to an empty store expecting to find you open when you are not.
Your SmartEtailing Website
Display > Store Information
- Single Store: Make sure your hours are accurate as the seasons change.
- If you have seasonal hours, it pays to make the changes as soon as you make them in-store.
- If you're entering the store hours as text, make sure the days are listed sequentially through the week, not broken up like Open: Mon-Wed, Fri-Sat | Closed: Thu/Sun.
- We recommend using the default "Set Specific Hours" option.
- Multi-Store: If your stores have separate hours, make sure to select "Hours Differ By Location."
- Edit each location to make the hours correct.
Display > Footer Editor
- Select your active responsive footer and edit your hours if they display in your footer.
Display > Banner Editor
- It's rare that anyone is using a banner these days. See if you have a banner in use under Display > Site Settings before editing an outdated Banner.
Content > Page Editor > Responsive Store Location Page
- The hours in the Locations section are directly from the Store Information above, but if you've added a content block with any custom hours information for holiday closures, be sure to update them as necessary.
- When adding custom hours to this page, make sure to add start and end dates to the section so it displays only when necessary.
- Consider adding a thin single-column text block above the fold on your page, with a short note about what days you may be closed, or what your special hours may be around holidays.
- Add a start and end date to the section so that it displays only when necessary.
- Use a single content block and adjust for each holiday or special closing so your page isn't too cluttered in page editor.
Common Business Listings
Google My Business
Populates Google search results, Google Maps, and other.
- Google makes this very easy to do: here are instructions.
- Add hours or closures for specific days that will be different than your normal hours—there is no need to change the hours back afterward if you follow the instructions.
- Your customers may already be planning to visit you on a day with different hours than normal—Google will show your special hours in search results and in Google Maps.
IOS users likely use Apple Maps to discover information about your business.
- Go to mapsconnect.apple.com and sign into your business account.
- If you don't have an Apple ID you should create one to help your customers find you.
Many consumers check store information on Facebook. Learn how to modify.
- Click About on the left side of your Page.
- Click Edit Page Info.
- Click the Hours tab at the top.
- Add your hours and click Save Changes.